The following Administrative and Operational Policies are in place to protect employees and customers of Canada Minibins.com Ltd and North Star Waste Management Inc.
- Always keep 2 meters away from co-workers and others. If this cannot be done, please discuss with your manager to work on solutions to ensure this can happen in those situations.
- If you can work from home, work from home after consulting with your manager. There may be times that you need to come to the office and social distancing rules as per this policy, will apply.
- The administrative office is locked to visitors, and only prescheduled entrance is acceptable, with the manager’s authorization.
- For the shop and yards, do not allow outside visitors, unless authorized and approved by your manager. Practice social distancing rules at all times.
- Wash your hands when you get to work, frequently during the day, and at the end of your day. For sales, after seeing a customer, wash or sanitize your hands. Do not touch your face with your hands.
- If you’re sick, do not come to work.
- Clean your workstation with soap and water or Lysol™ wipes, at the end of the day. This includes your desk, your phone, your door handles, your steering wheel, your controls of the truck, and all and any other touchpoints of your equipment.
- Do not drive in the same vehicle as others. If you have to drive together, ride in the back seat (if available) if you can’t, both parties must wear a mask. Wearing a mask, in these tight situations, is always best practice, regardless.
- Use PPE at all times (gloves, eyewear, hard hats, safety boots and masks when mucking out and or pulling bins and or when in situations where you cannot social distance of 2 meters or greater)
Masks must been worn when there is a risk of splashes, or proper social distancing cannot be done, and is always a good practice to wear all the time to protect yourself and others. We have all this PPE available and if you need resources please consult with your manager. If you’re in sales, when seeing customers, wear your mask and no shaking hands or contact with others.
- For administrative staff, meetings should be done via conference calls, or video chat and or in
situations where you can practice social distancing rules
- Be respectful of others personal space to ensure social distancing
- Use paperless systems where possible, and if not possible put in processes to eliminate systems that become riskier.
Minibins.com is committed to providing a safe work environment for our employees. Equally important is our customer interaction and we have implemented these procedures to keep everyone safe and healthy while enhancing and continuing our great service delivery to our customers.